Fall is in the air here in Tennessee and the leaves have changed and the air is cool and crisp. Well, at least until this weekend where it is going to become frigid and then return back to spring the next day; that's Tennessee weather. For now, I'm trying to enjoy the season and get in some last minute fall activities with my family, which includes fall recipes. This means all things pumpkin!
I love this recipe because it is so versatile and you can use it all year round with whatever ingredients and flavors you'd like! Once you know the base, mix and match and have some fun. It's a really quick and simple recipe that even the kids can get involved with (without too much harm to your kitchen). It's also great to pack in lunches and for snacks.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats (Bobs Mill)
- 1/2 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened flaked coconut (unsulfured)
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds (you can use flax seeds)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients until oats are evenly coated with the syrup
3. Spread granola mixture evenly on a lightly greased pan, or use a Silpat baking mat
4. Bake for 12-15 min flipping the granola at around minute 9 or 10 ( depending on your oven). Keep a close eye on it, you don't want it to burn or cook at too high of a temperature because the raisins will get puff up and get hard.
5. Remove the granola and let it cool before storing in a container (preferably glass). You can store it in the refrigerator to help it last longer.